Wednesday, September 2, 2009

projects!

Finally feeling better from the flu we had last week! I had a few projects that I wanted to do and finally had the time, motivation and energy to get them done.


The first is a onesie for my soon to be born niece. At my SIL's baby shower they passed out a white onesie and asked us to decorate them, but all they had were fabric markers! Well, being the crafty snob that I am, I sat there thinking about all the cute things I could do with it if I was at home with all my supplies. I decided I would politely let her know I would do it at home and give it to her later, using the baby as my excuse, because I couldn't really be expected to produce something whilst nursing my baby, right? Well, they were on to me... I am a craft snob and they knew it! We had a good laugh about that!



The next one was freezer paper stencils. I have been wanting to try this one and have had the stuff for a while, but kept putting it off. It was so easy and quick!

My daughter has been obsessed with Mary Poppins lately and when I saw this image while looking for Mary Poppins costumes on the internet I knew I had to try it. It will be perfect for our Disneyland trip!


The last project was a blanket that I had gotten in the free diaper bag from the hospital. I love the jersey knit blanket, great for wrapping him into a little burrito! But it had the hospital name on the corner and I just didn't like it. So I made up a little applique with his initial on it. Here's the before:



Here's the after:






I have really missed being creative these last few weeks and now I have tons of motivation to get some of my other projects done, let's hope it lasts!

2 comments:

  1. I love the mary poppins iron-on... where did you get it? I need one of those! We love mary poppins in our house!
    thanks
    angela
    angbrimwil@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am seriously ashamed at my lack of creative skills... I hope one day that I'll learn how to do fun things like that for my kids!!!

    ReplyDelete