Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chore Chart

I have had several projects that I wanted to get check off my to-do list and here's one of them. My Sis-in-Law, Carrie, works at Tricks gym, as the assistant teacher in their CampUs classes. She is amazing with kids! She is one of those women who know just what to say to a kid to snap them out of a funk or stop a meltdown before it starts. I know it's selfish, but I'm sometimes glad she doesn't have kids yet, because if she did, who would help me with mine!!!???? Someday she is going to be an amazing mom. So recently, she came to me with an idea for a chore chart for their class, but didn't know how to make it happen. So we worked together and with the help of my trusty sewing machine, we did it!

She started with scrapbook paper, cut to size and laminated to make a small board. We went to the fabric store and picked up some clear vinyl, which we cut into rectangles. I stitched the vinyl rectangles onto the board to make pockets. She already had little cards with the classroom jobs on them, which fit into the little windows. She has wooden tiles with the students names on them which will be stuck under each window with velcro so they can rotate them each week. They can remove the job cards or change them as needed.

DSC_0429

DSC_0428

Sounds easy right? Well I had to cut out 36 rectangles out of the vinyl, sew 6 rectangles onto each board (6 different boards), with double stitching on each rectangle and single stitch around the perimeter of the board to finish it off. Then I had to pull all the hanging threads back thru to the back of the board and tape them all down.

If you live in the Sacramento area, check out Tricks for gym, dance CampUs and swimming too!

No comments:

Post a Comment