Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thrifty make-over

Last year I bought this cute pegged board at the local Goodwill. I think I paid $2.50. It was painted a yellowy gold and then antiqued. Not bad, but for my purpose it needed a fresh coat of paint

I think I have a pretty good eye for seeing the potential in something, although if you ask my husband, he might say I see a things through diamond encrusted bright fuchsia colored glasses. Don’t even get him started. In addition to that, I always think things will take ½ the time that they actually do. What can I say, I’m an optimist(Okay, maybe not all the time, but when it comes to my crafty projects, I am.)

Here's the before:


Anyway, I have had it sitting in the garage for several months and felt inspired to work on it. I had some old paint, an aqua color and decided to use some of that, 3 coats worth. This is one rare project that actually took me less than the time I thought it would take. From painting to hanging it was about 1 hour.

After I got the shelf secured on the wall I got Miss P’s blessing day dress to hang on it along with a matching bonnet, a tiny crystal bracelet and some crocheted booties that my mom made. I am so pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment