Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Giant Cuppycake

I offered to make the cake for our friends daughter's first birthday and made the same cake that I did for my own little Miss P's Party.

Dsc_0005

Miss M was a little hesitant at first. And rightly so, after all it was as big as her head! But by the end she had devoured half of it. I think it was a hit!

Dsc_0020

I know that cupcake pans are so popular right now, but you don't really need one for this size. I used a 10x10 pan and one strawberry boxed cake mix. After it was cooled, I wrapped it in plastic wrap and froze it. I then cut in in 4 squares and stacked them on top of each other. I didn't use any filling, I figured her little body didn't need even more sugar pumping through her veins. After they were stacked I began carving them into a cupcake shape, much like they do on Ace of Cakes. When I had the shape I wanted, I started "icing" the bottom half with cool whip. For the top half, I colored more cool whip with red food coloring until I got the right shade of pink. Then I iced the top with it. Easy Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment